Thursday, February 21, 2008

Newbie Seeking.......Investor Right

My quest to become a 'lifeonaire' through REI has had many ups and downs. I've moved forward and backwards. I've learned alot so far and I truly believe that nothing stands in my way of becoming successful in this business.

In all the real estate related things I've read and been introduced to over the past year or so, there is usually one consistent theme. That is, that everyone wants a buck. I mean I understand that everyone has a plate to fill and that a dollar in their pocket puts them closer to that.

I guess what bothers me most is that it's so difficult to find that investor who isn't looking for that dollar out of my pocket. If you've got a good product then by all means sell away, but my email gets filled up everyday with some random Rickey telling me how I can make a million. I've purchased some great materials and I'm sure there is more good stuff to be seen. It feels like alot of 'investors' who just couldn't hack it actually investing, move into selling some product or service to the next crop of newbies. Tim and I have really been fortunate in what we've invested our money in. One site I haven't been let down by is Steve Cook's, flippinghomes.com. I get no money from them, but I have no reservations in giving my full support to anything he puts out.

Meanwhile, we will continue looking for an investor who wants to give back what they've been fortunate enough to learn to some newbies, just because they love this game of real estate. Does it exist? Stay tuned

No comments: