Sunday, February 3, 2008

Where we've been

A quick update of what we've done since my first stab at blogging:
  • completed a buisness plan
  • finished compiling our master list of every property in our beginning farm area
  • ordered 'we buy houses' bandit signs
  • ordered 'we buy houses' business cards
  • completed our final edit for our direct mail letter
  • made 500 copies of direct mail letter
  • addressed 5 envelopes for each address from our farm area that we rated a '5' or below based on a visual drive by
  • met with a realtor team and gave our vision/biz plan
  • mailed approx 400 letters to our farm area
  • got 3 calls from those 400....1 week into it....that's less than 1%
  • met and decided upon our 2008 goals
  • continued to post to craigslist.....usually daily
  • made decision to turn off the tv for certain weeks....working up to 100% no tv...so hard
  • made a seller's questionarre to reference when leads call in

Wow, kind of sobering. I knew that from Thanksgiving to Christmas, Tim and I slacked off, but when I listed what we've accomplished I hoped it would be more impressive. I looked back over our Weekly To-Do list and the same repeating goals come up again and again. Tim and I realized that one of our big mistakes during the holidays was to let go of our focus on meeting weekly. The effect was that our focus diminished and we allowed other non-productive tasks to creep in.

Making this list tonight has helped me see what procratination results in. We're meeting tomorrow and we have ambitious plans. I'm glad I put this list together tonight, it should have a motivating effect on my day tomorrow.

One of the things we have realized that has kept us focused is putting together a Weekly To-Do list. We do it in a simple Word document format. It's posted on our joint Gmail account. That way we both have access and we can add notes and see what one another has done. It's great when you have a busy day at work and have no time for RE to look online and see what your partner accomplished.

Here's an example of a past list, you can see we both comment (me in red and Tim in blue) and cross stuff off that we complete..........

October 22-28

Timmy:

1. Create Sample Ad for Newspaper Why "create", why not "do" I say create because I am going to run them past you first before we publish.
2. Create Sample Ad for Craigs List Why "create", why not "do"
3. Work on Motivated Sellers Worksheet- List of Questions to Ask
4. Need to switch Bank Account #'s with Ed so we can transfer funds
5. Only TV watched is The Office and Skins' game on Sunday.I didn't tell you of my goal of no tv, so that you would adopt the same goal. I hope if you choose to do this it was because you felt you could benefit from it. I told you about it because of the underlying principals that I'm applying to my lifestyle. This is personally one of my time wasters. Much like checking the forum can be sometimes for me...but that's next weeks goal. If you wanna watch girls gone wild commericals I hope you do and don't hate your 'pard-ner' because you think he doesn't want you to. The main reason I did this was I have a lot to accomplish this week, I am not necessarly going to do this every week, but i really need to accomplish this as a goal this week if i want to get all in need done this week, and it is easier for me because i have TIVo.
6.Listen to the comps webinar once it is posted.
7.Meet w/Eddie and review Bill Guerra's Sellers Book & do practice calls / discuss 2 investor meetings Tim attended

Eddie:

1.Post Ad to Craigslist BIG Tim Dog did this, posting one on Friday and one on Saturday. Now we just need to keep this up
2.Complete painting master bedroom/walk-in closet/vanity room
3.No TV--if completed then on Sunday reward will be watching Redskins game Booyah done and done and done.
4.Assist Tim in completing Sellers Worksheet
5.Practice 3 more times a 'sellers' call...both with Heather and Tim
6.Ask Heather to re-work our direct mail letter and post results
7.Apply my new technique of "customer interaction" had a great case using both older and "new" techniques--must continue
8.Cut grass wow what fun...can't wait for RE riches and outsourcing
9.Listen to the comps webinar once it is posted.
10.Meet w/Timmy and review Bill Guerra's Sellers Book & do practice calls / discuss 2 investor meetings Tim attended
11.Find cheapest envelopes and begin addressing them. Discuss with Timmy possiblity of paying Beth to address some. Figure out how many we can do in an hour and then offer to Beth as every for ex 20 you do we'll pay you $?/hr. Maybe a good way for her to earn extra $. Also can put the double stamps on them. I like this idea, and I am sure extra money she would love.

Additionally, we both have Gmail calendars which we share with each other. This allows us to see each other's work schedules and easily choose days when we can meet next. We both have a calendar that shows a 'What Ed did' or 'What Tim did' for that day. If you haven't become hooked on Gmail and all it's accessories, you have no idea what you're missing.

Writing my accomplishments for all to read has a strange feeling. It really does help keep you focused and driven. I feel a rush of energy to go out and continue to work for that first deal.

Maybe there is something to this blogging thing afterall......

No comments: